Need a Replacement Card? Order a Medicare Card by Phone or Online
If you lose or damage your Medicare card, you can obtain a replacement card from Social Security one of the following ways:
- Log into your MyMedicare.gov account. If you do not have a MyMedicare account, sign up now.
- Order Online by visiting the Medicare Card Replacement section of Social Security’s Web site. You card will be mailed within 30 days to the address SSA has on record.To make an online request, you will need the following information:
- Your last (exact) payment amount or the month and year you last received a payment if you have received benefits in the last 12 months.
- Your name as it appears on your most recent Social Security card
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Date of Birth
- Your phone number in case we need to contact you about your request
- Your e-mail address (optional)
You may also need:
- Your Place of Birth
- Your Mother’s Maiden Name (to help identify you)